Biennial State Conference
Save the date
The COSHRM 2017 State Conference
Keystone Conference Center
September 26-29, 2017
Keep watching this space for information about exhibitor and sponsorship sales, calls for speaker presentations, and attendee registration.
Call for volunteers to join the 2017 Conference Planning Committee
As a conference volunteer, you will:
- Participate in decisions and strategic development for the conference
- Be instrumental in setting the conference vision
- Work with other dedicated, talented leaders in the HR community
- Contribute and strengthen your individual skills (organization, leadership, communication, technology, logistics, etc.) within a team environment
- Cultivate your management skills by identifying and leading a subcommittee and/or on-site volunteers
A successful event requires a dedicated team with diverse skills:
- Organizational skills necessary for developing sessions and schedules
- Project management and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Communication (oral and written) at all levels
- Conducting meetings (e.g., working with speaker panels or leading subcommittees)
- Teamwork and willingness to support other team members
- Listening skills
- Troubleshooting, knowing when to escalate an issue
To keep registration rates low, these conferences always run on a tight budget. Volunteers should expect to pay some of the registration fees and possibly cover their own travel and lodging expenses.
Please consider contributing your time and talents!